Great news from Uganda as the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) have announced that discounted gorilla permits will be available from December 1, 2020 through March, 31 2021! The discounted rate applies to newly booked permits only and cannot be applied to rescheduled/postponed or previously purchased permits. Travel dates must be within the same date range - completed by March, 31 2021. This is the perfect opportunity for those travelers who can pick up and go now and get to experience Uganda without the crowds.
Special Uganda Itinerary with Reduced Gorilla Tracking Permits
This itinerary takes advantage of special permit pricing, as well as excellent low season rates and the Stay 5/Pay 4 special from Volcanoes Safaris’ at Bwindi Lodge and Kyambura Gorge Lodge. In addition to gorilla trekking, you'll have the chance to trek to see chimps, enjoy the incredible wildlife in Queen Elizabeth National Park, enjoy a variety of safe and thoughtful cultural activities and more. This is a sample itinerary and can be fully customized to fit your interests and budget.
• Day 1: Arrive in Entebbe, transfer 15 mins to Hotel No. 5 (luxury room). B&B
• Day 2: Fly to Kasese and meet your guide and vehicle. Enjoy afternoon game drive or one of the lodge-based activities: (bee-keeping project, coffee co-op, buffer zone hike, etc). Overnight: Kyambura Gorge Lodge (standard banda). BLD
• Day 3: Optional Kyambura Gorge hike (for chimp tracking) OR lion tracking in Queen Elizabeth Park. Spend the afternoon on a private Kazinga Channel boat launch. Overnight: Kyambura Gorge Lodge. BLD
• Day 4: Transfer to Bwindi National Park via the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth Park. Enjoy a game drive with packed lunch as you search for lions, elephants, and the beautiful kob antelope. Overnight: Bwindi Lodge (standard banda) BLD
• Day 5: Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Park. Overnight: Bwindi Lodge. BLD
• Day 6: Join another gorilla trekking trip or other activities on offer (Batwa experience, village tours, or hiking). Overnight: Bwindi Lodge BLD
• Day 7: Transfer 1.5 hrs to Kihihi, fly back to Entebbe, transfer to Hotel No. 5. Upon on arrival take a COVID test (payable direct) and overnight Hotel No. 5 (luxury room) BL
• Day 8: Await test results, airport transfer for departure (day room available at additional cost, as needed). B&B
$4600/person sharing (valid for March 2021 travel only)
Contact us for December 2020/Jan & Feb 2021 rates
Does not include:
- Entebee/Kisisi return flights: $630 (weight limits and subject to taxes/levies and fuel surcharges in 2021)
- Discounted Gorilla Permit: $400
• Kyambura Gorge hike: $50 per permit
• Lion tracking: $110 per person
• Pre-paid gorilla porter: $30 per porter, per trek
• Batwa Experience: $110 per person
An exhilarating trek in search of endangered mountain gorillas? Experiencing the vast desert wilderness of Namibia? Following a herd of elephants on foot? Paddling papyrus lined waterways of the Okavango? Discover your African adventure on one of our safari packages or we'll help design your own itinerary.