The Roof of Africa: Kilimanjaro & The Wildlife Parks of Tanzania
A 15-day Kilimanjaro Trek & Wildlife Safari
You can read more about our successful Kilimanjaro trek on the blog:
Tanzania is a land of extremes. Home to Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, and its deepest and largest lakes, the country has the world’s largest game reserve and one of the most spectacular natural sights in the world – the annual Great Migration of the Serengeti.
Tanzania a top wildlife destination – simply put, it has it all, and you can seek out elephants, lions, leopards, and vast herds of wildebeest here. With 25 percent of its land surface area enjoying protected status the country is home to some of the most famed game parks in the world, including the Serengeti, the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Lake Manyara, and Tarangire.
Tanzania is not only for wildlife. The 100+ ethnic groups give Tanzania a rich cultural diversity with remote Maasai villages or the unique coastal Swahili culture. The landscape of Tanzania is equally diverse, with high mountains, rolling plateaus, and endless plains where you can hike, camp, or join an exhilarating walking safari.
Consider this your invitation to explore one of the world's iconic mountains and witness the best game parks in the world. Kilimanjaro's snow-capped peak is one of the most awe-inspiring sights in Africa, rising up to an impressive 19,343 feet above sea level. It is one of the world's highest volcanoes, the highest mountain on the African continent, and the highest free-standing mountain on earth. You'll spend 7 days trekking on Kilimanjaro (fully supported with guides and porters) followed by 7 days exploring Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro Crater, and the Serengeti. Along the way you'll see Tanzania's astounding wildlife and spend time with the Maasai to learn about their culture and daily lives.
On this Tanzania journey you'll experience all this fascinating country has to offer with your private guide and vehicle. Accommodation is a mix of mountaineering tents (on the Kili trek), small tented camps and comfortable lodges set in the remote African wilderness.
Only one departure date: Sept 3 - 17, 2022
THIS SAFARI IS SOLD OUT
Join Us On Zoom!
We'll be hosting a virtual information session on Zoom to discuss all the details of the Kilimanjaro climb & safari. Please join Dan Hopkins (owner of GrassTrack Safaris) and Manasseh Mbise (managing director of Hidden Valley Safaris, our Kili climb operator) to learn will about the itinerary, the camps & activities, and answer your questions about climbing Kilimanjaro and our wildlife safari.
April 30, 2022 at 11am EST
This free zoom session is open to anyone interested in this safari or simply just wanting to enjoy a virtual safari!
View detailed digital itinerary here.
Sept 3, 2022: Arrive Arusha, Tanzania (JRO) - Mount Meru Game Lodge
Sept 4, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Forest Camp
Sept 5, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Shira Camp 1
Sept 6, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Barranco Camp
Sept 7, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Karanga Camp
Sept 8, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Barafu Camp
Sept 9, 2022: Kilimanjaro - Summit Day - Mweka Camp
Sept 10, 2022: Return to Arusha - Mount Meru Game Lodge
Sept 11, 2022: Lake Manyara & Karatu - Bougainvillea Safari Lodge
Sept 12, 2022: Ngorongoro Crater & The Serengeti - Kati Kati Tented Camp
Sept 13, 2022: Serengeti - Kati Kati Tented Camp
Sept 14, 2022: Serengeti - Kati Kati Tented Camp
Sept 15, 2022: Manyara Highlands - Isoitok Camp
Sept 16, 2022: Maasai Experience - Isoitok Camp
Sept 17, 2022: Return to Arusha; Shanga Workshop tour; transfer to JRO airport for departing flight
We're offering only one departure date:
September 3-17, 2022
15 Days/14 Nights
Registration deadline is May 1, 2022
- The Mt. Kilimanjaro Climb is considered a strenuous and physically demanding trip reaching altitudes exceeding 19,000 ft above sea level. The entire 43-mile trek is non-technical (does not require crampons, ice axes, etc) but it is imperative that you are fully prepared (both physically and mentally) for this trip. You'll also experience a range of weather conditions from a hot tropical climate at the base to arctic conditions at the summit. See the detailed itinerary for route descriptions and hiking distance/elevation gains per day.
- Maximum of 10 guests. We'll have a private driver/guide and vehicles for the safari portion of the trip.
- If you're interested in only the Kilimanjaro trek (and not the safari segment), let us know and we'll send you the rate.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Registration deadline is May 1, 2022
- Contact us to reserve your seat. We can also answer any questions or concerns you may have about the trek or safari. If you decided you want to join us, GrassTrack will send you an invoice for the deposit along with documents describing how to prepare for both the Kilimanjaro climb and the safari.
- Proof of travel insurance required to confirm booking
- The published rate is for cash payment by check or bank transfer. Payments with a credit card will incur a 3% service fee
- A 20% non-refundable deposit confirms booking
- Full payment is due no later than July 15, 2022
- Other terms & conditions apply
- See the detailed itinerary for a complete list of what's included and excluded.
- Included: In general, the Kili trek includes all fees, all equipment (except sleeping bag and clothes), all food/water, transport to/from the mountain, and guides/porters/camp crew. The safari portion includes all lodging, park fees, meals (drinks excl), airport transfers, and services of driver/professional guide.
- Excluded:. Airfare to/from Africa, entry visas, covid tests, insurance, tipping, drinks, sleeping bag for Kili trek.
Kili Trek & Safari Rate
$6750.00 (per person sharing)
Note: Cash rate for payment by check or bank transfer. Credit card payments will incur a 3.7% service fee. Single supplement applies
If you're only interested in the Kili trek, contact us and we'll send you the rate.
Registration deadline is July 20, 2022
What's Calling You to Africa?
An exhilarating trek in search of endangered mountain gorillas? Experiencing the vast desert wilderness of Namibia? Following a herd of elephants on foot? Paddling papyrus lined waterways of the Okavango? Discover your African adventure on one of our safari packages or we'll help design your own itinerary.