A 7-Day Wildlife Safari through Northern Tanzania
The perfect introduction to Tanzania! On this 7 day safari, you'll explore the highlights of Tanzania's northern parks, each with strikingly diverse landscapes and wildlife. Your journey begins with Tarangire National Park, famous for a landscape dotted with baobab trees and large herds of elephants. Continue on to the Serengeti, arguably the most famous wildlife park in the world, where you'll feel lost in the vast open plains filled with millions of wildebeest, zebra, and other wildlife. Then it's on to the equally famous Ngorongoro Crater, an enormous caldera set in the stunning volcanic highlands. You're journey ends with a game drive in Lake Manyara Park along the Great Rift Escarpment where thousands of flamingos breed in the caustic lake and lions are known to climb trees!
This safari has scheduled departures departing every Saturday from Arusha and guaranteed with a minimum of 2 people. You'll stay in small, independently owned lodges, permanent camps, and classic luxury tented camps.
View detailed digital itinerary here.
Day 1: Arrive Arusha, Tanzania (JRO) - Mount Meru Game Lodge
Day 2: Tarangire National Park - Honeyguide Tarangire Camp
Days 3-4: Serengeti - Kati Kati Tented Camp
Days 5-6: Karatu & Ngorongoro Crate - Acacia Farm Lodge
Day 7: Lake Manyara National Park & Return to Arusha
Tanzania Trails departs every Saturday from Arusha. Contact us for specific dates and availability.
- The published rate is for cash payment by check or bank transfer. Payments with a credit card will incur a 3.7% service fee
- A 20% non-refundable deposit confirms booking
- Other terms & conditions apply
- See the detailed itinerary for a complete list of what's included and excluded.
- Included: In general, the rate includes all lodging, park fees, most meals (drinks excl), airport transfers, and services of driver/professional guide.
- Excluded:. Airfare to/from Africa, entry visas, covid tests, insurance, tipping, drinks, sleeping bag for Kili trek.
Tanzania Trails Rate
$3120.00 (per person sharing)
Rate is for departures from July - October 2023 and for cash payment by check or bank transfer. If you wish to pay with a credit card a 3.7% service fee will be added. A minimum of 2 required to guarantee departure.
An exhilarating trek in search of endangered mountain gorillas? Experiencing the vast desert wilderness of Namibia? Following a herd of elephants on foot? Paddling papyrus lined waterways of the Okavango? Discover your African adventure on one of our safari packages or we'll help design your own itinerary.