A private safari into the African wilderness. Explore the remote Skeleton Coast and experience Namibia's successful conservancy program.
The Skeleton Coast and Kaokoland are Namibia’s most remote regions, with access allowed only to those few who know the area intimately. An area free of game fences and home to some of the most specialized mammals on earth, including desert adapted black rhino, elephant and lions, these areas are also home to the ancient Himba culture. This combined with some of the most spectacular scenery in Namibia makes for what must be one of the most authentic and pioneering safaris available in Namibia.
This safari is unique in every way and every experience has been carefully considered to give you, the traveler, the most authentic insight into this region possible. You will stay in conservancy owned or conservancy-private sector joint venture luxury accommodations. You will have your own professional and experienced conservation and conservancy orientated naturalist guide who will enhance your experience of this unique region by making it a fascinating and ‘hands-on’ journey of discovery amidst very dramatic scenery and experiences. Your naturalist guide will have an intimate knowledge of each area and camp/lodge that you visit, allowing him to share the local highlights while adding continuity and depth to your safari. The presence and companionship of your guide will turn your safari into an experience of a lifetime!
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most well-known full time naturalist guides.
- Experience first-hand the world’s single-most successful conservation success story.
- Explore the borders of the Skeleton Coast National Park and surrounds from the Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp.
- Visit the Skeleton Coast coastline. (weather permitting)
- Search for desert adapted elephant, rhino and lion along the Hoanib and Hoarusib Rivers.
- Travel through vast tracts of unfenced and pristine wilderness.
- Visit the ancient Kunene River, which forms the border with Angola.
- Enjoy boat excursions on the Kunene River.
- Explore the picturesque Hartmann’s and Marienfluss Valleys.
- Visit authentic Himba settlements.
- Track the last free roaming population of black rhino on foot.
- Stay at Namibia’s only wholly owned conservancy lodges (Grootberg and Etambura Lodges).
- Day 1 Fly into Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp
- Day 2 & 3 Hoanib Skeleton Coast Camp, boundary of Skeleton Coast National Park
- Day 4 Etambura Camp, Orupembe Conservancy
- Day 5 & 6 Okahirongo River Camp, Marienfluss Conservancy, Kunene River
- Day 7 Okahirongo Elephant Lodge, Puros Conservancy
- Day 8 & 9 Grootberg Lodge, ≠Khoadi-//Hôas Conservancy
- Day 10 Departure
2017 Current Rates*
- $7160.00 per person sharing (Jan-May)
- $7250.00 per person sharing (Jun-Oct)
*Rates subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuation. Please ask for single supplement rates.